11.4.12

DIY Neon Watch

It may be a tad messy but I still love this watch. The bright neon brings that pop that everyone will be searching for this summer. Fluorescents are one of the most refreshing colors and with summer just around the corner you should start stocking up on those fluorescent pieces and what better way to start off than with the bare necessity of organization, the watch. 


Having a contrasting buckle is optional but I feet the contrast harmonizes the entire accessory. 


Stuff you need:
An old or cheap plastic watch
Neon spray paint
Masking paint


1. Cover the parts of the watch that are not going to be sprayed with masking tape.


2. Preferably on a large sheet of newspaper spray paint the entire watch. For a more even coating, spray several thin layers of paint rather than one heavy coat. Remove the masking tape carefully.


Last but not at all least show off your new neon watch.



18 comments:

thestyleflux said...

Great idea! :)

Kaye Awatin
http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com

Laure Coulombel said...

This is so trendy!!! I absolutely need to DIY an old watch !
Thank you very much for sharing!!
http://ilovedoityourself.blogspot.fr/

K A T H L E E N said...

looks great! liking all the cool diys!!

Olga Kotsani said...

I love your neon watch! It's so eye-catching!
OMG, you're 13 years old and you love to sew??!! How embarassing? (for me!)
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice comment! I now follow you via GFC and I hope you feel like following me back! xxx

http://fashionatint.blogspot.com/

Cathy said...

One of the most amazing DIYS I've ever seen! (:

Check out my blog & follow? (:
onceuponasprinkle.blogspot.com

lisa signorini said...

amazing!!! the pink one is so cool!
Visit my blog and if u want we can follow each other!
have a great day!!!
www.thecurlylady.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very creative, a new follower here!
-Kosi
http://onecreatesoneself.blogspot.com/

Morgan Brooks said...

I love this and will be doing this ins the near future! I am giving away 50$ to ASOS and I would love for you to stop by and enter!
xoxo
Morgan
http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com/2012/04/50-to-asos-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

thanks for ur comment dear!
i love ur passion for DIY projects, and at such a young age! pls do keep ur passion and let it run wild!!!! ;)

btw if u did like my blog, it'll mean a lot to me if u can follow it? im planning to go big with the blog and hope to rack up 100 followers before June!! i plan to do the lots of high end designer GIVEAWAYS and i'd be sure to keep the blog info and aesthetics juicy!

xx nathan.niche

-FIND YOUR NICHE-
http://style-niche.blogspot.com

Deadly Inlove said...

I never thought of that before, it's soo cool and color is just awesome!

Emily said...

Cute watches!
Creamy

Sick by Trend said...

wow! it is suuuuuper cool! love it :) I'm following

Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

lucia m said...

love it!! great DIY!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Toni said...

This is great for the sportswear trend this summer!

Victoria said...

Gret job! :)

- Victoria
www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

Sylvia Salas - Dare to DIY said...

I love neon too!! But I tried to paint a necklace with spray a few weeks ago and It was a complete disaster... I guess the spray paint was not good enough! I'll try again :)

www.daretodiy.com

Karina De Jesus said...

neon is such a hit this season, I’m sure a lot of people will be recreating this. looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love this watch too. Turned out awesome. Love your blog :)